Thursday 30 July 2015

The joys of maternity leave


In the half hour I have before my little tank (the baby is 1 month old but I swear to God that Chunk, as I like to call him, looks like a 6 month old) wakes for his next milk fix I thought I'd take the time to share some of the experiences I've had whilst on maternity leave.

I usually work full time 5 days a week, starting at 9am and finishing...well just when the work is done.  Sometimes that's 5pm, sometimes its 7pm.  So spending all this time off with my boys has been wonderful so far, and very amusing.

However the boy, who cried sore when we took him to daycare/nursery for a good 2 months, requested to go to nursery yesterday on one of the days he was not due to attend daycare.  Clearly I was too boring for the poor boy.

It also seems as though the roles have reversed, the boy has now taken to teaching ME manners, demanding I say thank you numerous times throughout the day.  Also, thanks to a weekend with his aunt, everything is now BOKE!  His feet, my cooking, the babys vomit...well I'll give him that one.

On one of the days when the Hubby was still on paternity leave I decided to have a lovely relaxing bath.  The Hubby was in the living room with the baby and the boy was in the back garden playing...in his boat, like Iggle Piggle (damn In The Night Garden).



Had my bath, looked out the window to check on the boy and this is what I found, I dunno how this happened...

This is the boy who hates wearing shorts or t-shirts because his arms/legs are exposed.  But apparently sleeping naked in the boat in the garden isn't as bad as shorts and t-shirt!

The baby is now making it known he wants his next helping of milk...gotta do, can't wait to fight with babys wind for a burp!


No comments:

Post a Comment